Sunday, March 23, 2008

They're right, they ARE good!

Hello everyone! My first post on here isn't exactly anything new, but a recommendation to listen to the other ladies on here. Those sugar cookies Connie and Angela have been talking about? Make them. Eat them. Give them away to your neighbors. Sell them. They are delicious! They remind me of those round super-thick sugar cookies with super-thick frosting that grocery stores sell decorated for each holiday. I love those things. If you make these nice and thick, then goop on the frosting, watch out. You won't be able to eat just one. In fact, you'll wonder if the Easter Bunny took a basket of cookies home with him, but then that ache in your gut will remind you that you overdid it yesterday.

Angela, your beautiful frosting job inspired me, so I totally copied you. And Connie, thanks for sharing this great recipe! We even used an egg substitute since my son has an egg white allergy, and they turned out really awesome (for each egg, I use 1 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp vinegar, and 1 tsp. baking powder).

I'm more of a prose lady I guess, but I will share recipes when I have the time! Please don't kick me off this blog!
A small assortment from a large batch!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Those are beautiful!

We've been eating WAY too much of them around here.