3 to 4 boneless, uncooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables with peppers OR 1/2 bag vegetables and 1/2 bag frozen peppers
2/3 cup Western dressing
2/3 cup apricot preserves or jam
2 Tblsp. instant tapioca (this is fine to omit if you don't have any on hand)
Place chicken in glass casserole dish, along with vegetables and peppers. Mix Western dressing, apricot preserves, and tapioca, and pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Bake at 350 for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours (I cover it for most of the baking time, then take the cover off for the last 20-30 minutes), or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over Minute Rice.
This is one of our very favorite meals! In fact, it's on Monte's "top ten list" which is apparently the list he keeps in his head of his favorite meals I've ever made. Western dressing mixed with apricot preserves sounds gross, I know, but you have to try it to believe it! The great thing about this recipe is that you can change it to whatever your likes are. The original recipe just calls for the chicken and sauce mixture served over rice, which I'm sure would be good. I added the vegetables to make one easy, complete meal out of it. And if you're not a fan of peppers, just leave those out. I also added the tapioca because we like a thicker sauce. The best part about this meal - we have left overs for tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment