2 pounds pork loin back ribs
1 cup carbonated cola drink
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
sliced green onions, if desired
Directions:
1. Spray inside of 3 to 4 quart crockpot with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner. Cut ribs to fit in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients except for water, cornstarch, and onions in medium bowl; pour over ribs.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
3. Remove ribs and beans from crockpot; keep warm. Mix water and cornstarch; stir into mixture in crockpot. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve sauce over ribs and beans. Garnish with onions, if desired.
My notes:
I use whatever ribs and cola I happen to have on hand. Usually, we have the ribs and I have to buy the cola so get something you like! For the beans I usually buy the bigger, more economical can. Use whatever flavor of beans is your favorite. We love Busch's Baked Beans with bacon and brown sugar but you can use any flavor you want. Cook on low. Do not try to rush the ribs by cooking on high. I did that once and never again--in my opinion they were pretty tough but Dave and my parents thought that they were good. I still think that they were just being kind. I have never used the sliced green onions and I think these ribs taste great. But if you don't like beans then this is not the recipe for you. These ribs are great served with salad, bread, and baked potato (and a bunch of other options). Benjamin would say you need to have canned peaches--lately he can't get enough of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment