Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pork Chop Casserole

4 to 6 pork chops
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tblsp. butter or margarine
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
4 cups sliced potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 and 1/4 cups milk


Melt butter in skillet; add salt, pepper, onions, and chops. Brown lightly on both sides. Place potatoes in baking dish. Arrange chops over potatoes. Add soup and milk to skillet. Blend and pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 40 minutes more.

I made this for the first time last night, it's a very good, basic "meat and potatoes" meal. However, I wasn't watching it, and left it in for the full 70 minutes. I don't think they need to be in that long since you brown them first, our pork turned out a little on the tough side. Although, I used small, boneless pork chops so that's why they probably didn't take as long to cook.

No comments: