2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
2/3 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 bag (1 pound) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
1 package (7.31 ounces) refrigerated cooked stir-fry noodles, separated
2 packages (6 ounces each) refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips
1/4 cup chow mein noodles
1/4 chopped peanuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. Cook peanut sauce, broth, peanut butter, frozen vegetables, and noodles in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot. Stir in chicken. Spoon into casserole.
3. Mix chow mein noodles and peanuts; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until mixture is hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
My notes:
If you like something a little spicy this is the casserole for you! When I made it I used 1 cup of chicken broth instead of 2/3 cups. I cooked up two packages of ramen noodles instead of buying the refrigerated cooked stir-fry noodles (I just omitted the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles). For the chicken I used up my leftover baked chicken breasts from the night before. I just cut it up into bite size pieces and mixed it in. I used a one pound bag of frozen snowpea stir-fry vegetables and I think it tasted great! I did not have any peanuts so I made the casserole without them and when I make it again I will probably do the same as Dave does not like to eat nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment