Monday, March 17, 2008

Sugar Cookie Cut Outs



1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degree for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.
Today was the perfect day to be inside making these, it was snowing all day. I am searching for the perfect cut out cookie. So far, this is the best of all the recipes I have tried. If anyone else has a good sugar cookie recipe, please let me know, or post it on here.
I don't go by a recipe for the frosting, I just use about 3 Tblsp. margarine, 5 Tblsp. soymilk, a little vanilla and almond extract, and enough powdered sugar to make it the right consistency.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Those are gorgeous! Wish I was joining you for Easter.

Brenda said...

Pretty! Think I will try these this weekend!