1 cup margarine
1 cup shortening
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
4 cups flour (add more if needed)
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions: Cream margarine, shortening, sugars, and eggs together. Add dry ingredients and vanilla. Mix well. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until there is a golden brown color.
My notes: Batter should be chilled for easier working. If in a hurry add extra flour until you are able to work a little easier with the dough. This recipe makes a lot of cookies! No need to double unless you are expecting a huge crowd of cookie lovers!
Benjamin enjoys helping me frost and decorate the cookies. He also likes helping me cut out the cookies. For frosting and decorating, I have used a buttercream frosting, a mixture like Angela's below, or almond bark. I melt some vanilla almond bark, add food coloring, and frost till my little heart's content. I think the almond bark gives it a little something different. I am always looking for a good frosting recipe so if anyone has one they would like to share I would appreciate trying it. Thanks.
1 comment:
Oooh, thanks for posting this, these sound good!
Post a Comment