Friday, April 25, 2008

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup slivered mini carrots
1 cup chopped celery
10 Tblsp. butter
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 cups chicken broth
2 diced chicken breasts
2 cans cooked wild rice
1 and 1/2 cups half and half

Saute chicken. Melt butter. Add onions, celery, and carrots until cooked. Add flour and chicken broth. Add drained wild rice. Simmer 5 minutes. Add diced chicken and half and half to desired thickness. Add more broth or water if too thick.

I'm sure this is fattening (10 Tblsp. butter!!!) but it is SO good. I decided that when I'm at my parents next week I'll make the meals, as an early Mother's Day present to my mom. So I made up a few things ahead of time. This is really good frozen, then you can just reheat it in the crockpot.

No comments: