
I hope I'm not being a blog hog, and I hope we hear from some of our "quieter" contributers soon. :-) Although, I suspect not everyone is snowed in like me, who is spending the day making things to go in the freezer, things for weekend company, and treats to take to my parents next week, since I can't leave the house and seem to have a very sleepy girl today! So if time allows, I might have lots of recipes to share today. Also, don't forget to email me a picture and/or blurb about yourself if you want. Onto the recipe . . .
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
2 and 1/3 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
Streusel:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cold margarine
Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Combine streusel ingredients with fork or pastry blender until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until brown.
*If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.
If you have ever had the Mammoth Muffins from Perkins, that is what these remind me of. Yum! I haven't made them in a while, though, and I forgot how the streusel topping likes to explode in my oven. I would suggest putting a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch drips.
2 comments:
Quieter? You mean, like me? I am such not a good time manager, and evenings can be so filled. But I do have a recipe sitting here and hope to get to it tonight! Finally!
I'm bummed that I won't be at my parents' this weekend to get to see you. Want to drive another 2.5 hours and come see me? I'm sure that's exactly what you'd like - an extra 5 hours in the car with a child! :) Enjoy your time. I know your folks will love having you, and Isabella will love the lambs!
I should just be writing an email, but hey, I'm on a roll here. I've been meaning to ask if you knew about the proposed class reunion on July 12th. We can talk more about that some other time!
Well, possibly you, but it was all in fun! :) And sometime it will work out for us to see each other, I just know it! And no, I've heard nothing about a reunion, please email details if you know any.
Post a Comment