Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oriental Salad

The following 4 recipes are what I made for Isabella's birthday party.
The main dish was this.


3/4 bag of lettuce
1/2 to 3/4 bag of fresh, raw spinach
2 Tblsp. toasted sesame seeds (I omitted these)
2 oz. toasted slivered almonds (put on baking pan, bake at 350 for about 8 minutes to toast)
2 green onions, chopped
1 pkg. Oriental Ramen noodles

Dressing:
seasoning packet from Ramen
3 Tblsp. sugar
1/2 cup oil (canola, vegetable, or olive)
3 Tblsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt

Mix salad ingredients except for noodles and almonds. Mix dressing items separately. Mix dressing and lettuce mixture together. Right before serving, stir in broken up Ramen noodles and slivered almonds.
This was the first time I have made this, and it was amazing! Will definitely make again. I had some leftover parmesan cheese mixture from the breadsticks posted below, and I also topped the salad with that. Yum! Monte said our house smelled just like The Olive Garden.

No comments: