Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rhubarb Cake

1/2 cup butter

1 and 1/2 cups white sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup buttermilk

2 cups rhubarb, chopped

1 Tblsp. flour

1/4 cup butter

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup packed brown sugar

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In another bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, soda, and salt. Add ingredients alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.

Toss rhubarb with 1 Tblsp. flour, and stir into batter. Spoon batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.

Blend together 1/4 cup butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar, sprinkle evenly over batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes or until done.

Can top with whipped topping or ice cream.


This cake is so good, I've made three of them in the last 2 weeks (not all three were for us, though)!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I knew I could count on you to post a rhubarb recipe! I have a lot chopped up in my freezer, waiting for a good recipe to hit me in the head. Thanks!