1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I use 1 small can, drained mushrooms instead)
1 can chicken broth
1/3 cup water
1 to 2 Tblsp. soy sauce
1 Tblsp. dried parsley flakes
In a skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes. Add celery and onion, cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until celery is tender. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce, and parsley. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed and rice is tender.
2 comments:
I've never tried baking rice before unless it was mixed in a casserole. I'm intrigued! :o)
I am eating some oven-baked rice right now (though it's a less-sophisticated recipe). I can't satisfy this hunger.
Post a Comment