Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

3 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup oil (I use 1/2 cup oil an 1/2 cup applesauce to cut down on the fat)
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar (I use 2 cups white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar)
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tblsp. ground cinnamon (I add a dash of nutmeg too)
1 pint (2 cups) blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 4 mini loaf pans, 2 large loaf pans, or a 9 x 13 pan (I usually use the 9 x 13 pan).
In a large bowl beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Put in pan.

Topping: Put on before baking
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick soft butter

Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pan.

I tried this with the mini loaf pans and it exploded all over my oven. Next time I will not fill them as full and I will place a cookie sheet underneath to catch and drippings. This is yummy!

No comments: