Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Applesauce Cookies


1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and applesauce Stir in flour and spices. Fold in raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Frost with powdered sugar frosting while cookies are still warm.

These are one of my favorite fall foods! They are wonderful when they are fresh from the oven. The powdered sugar frosting is a MUST!!! Since Ada cannot have nuts until she is at least two I omitted the nuts. I also omitted the raisins as I just wasn't in a raisin mood! They still tasted AWESOME!! My cookies baked for 8-9 minutes so just watch them when you put them in your oven. You will not be disappointed with these cookies.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

A healthy sounding cookie! They look great!