Sunday, August 31, 2008

Egg and Sausage Bake

2 and 1/2 cups croutons
1 pound browned sausage
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 and 1/2 cups milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk

Grease 9x13 pan and cover bottom with croutons, sausage, and cheese. Beet eggs, mustard, and milk; pour over mixture and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, mix soup and 1/2 cup milk; pour over just before baking. Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.

This is my mom's recipe, it is by far my favorite egg bake. I made it for a baby shower the other morning, everyone said it was very different from the normal egg bake, but they all wanted the recipe.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I always like trying different breakfast bakes because I'm kind of particular about mine. I'm not crazy about eggs, so I like when there's more to it then just eggs, cheese and meat. In other words, this looks like a good recipe for me to try!!!