Monday, June 16, 2008

Clown Cake


I finally was able to do something that I have dreamed of doing for a long time--take a cake decorating class. It was a lot of work but I loved every minute of it! I enjoyed learning the different techniques and practicing them. Boy, do I have a lot of practicing to do! My hand hurt from just piping on the shell border. I thought that I had pretty good strength in my hands but this cake class showed me otherwise. My right hand hurt after each class. I can see why people stop decorating cakes when they get older...Ouch! I made this clown cake for my brother's birthday and I thought I would showcase my creations from time-to-time (in case anyone else has a burning desire to recreate any of these designs or are like me always looking for ideas). This cake is my first attempt at making these clowns. I think that they are pretty cute.

No comments: