I came up with this recipe a couple of years ago, when I was searching for something to make for some unexpected company. Looking back, it was probably not the smartest thing to try a new recipe (much less one I came up with myself) on company, but it was delicious! When I don't have Uncle Ben's on hand I sometimes substitute plain rice with some chicken bouillon granules and about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. each of sage and thyme.
1 box Uncle Ben's Chicken and Wild Rice with seasoning packet
chopped celery
mushrooms (optional)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 and 1/3 cups water
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced
Mix everything together, pour into 2 qt. baking dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees. (I usually take the cover off for about the last 15 minutes of baking)
No comments:
Post a Comment