Wow, I think I almost forgot how to sign in to blogger, it's been awhile! :) I've been trying lots of new recipes lately, especially crockpot recipes, since I teach piano lessons a couple of evenings a week, and it's supper time as soon as my last student leaves. This is a super easy, and very tasty new favorite of ours.
1 30 ounce bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14 ounce cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the 98% fat free kind)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese ( don't use fat free, it won't melt, I do use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, though)
Combine everything in crockpot, except for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese, and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with your choice of sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, green onion, etc. I just sprinkle some real bacon bits on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment