Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Banana Nut Winter Smoothies

1 banana, frozen
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp honey (optional)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Cut the frozen banana into 3 or 4 chunks and peel. Place in blender with yogurt, walnuts, cinnamon, and honey (optional). Blend 1-2 minutes on high or until smooth. Pour into glass and top with a dusting of ground nutmeg.


I made this for a morning snack the other day, and it was a hit! My boys (ages 2 and 4) loved them, and so did I. I had all the ingredients on hand, and I think the walnuts made them really yummy, but you could make it without nuts if you don't have any. This was a great way for my 2-year-old, who has had motor skills difficulties, start to successfully drink out of a cup. It made his face look really funny, too!

*Recipe from Dannon Lowfat Yogurt container.

No comments: