3 Tblsp. butter or margarine
2 Tblsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 16 oz. bag baby carrots
48 oz. chicken broth
1 cup milk or non dairy milk substitute
salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot heat butter and oil until melted. Stir in onions, potatos, and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Allow the soup to cook for 45 minutes.
Cool soup slightly and process in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl and then add tempered* milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
*Temper milk by adding a little warm soup to the milk, and then pour the mixture into the pureed soup.
For some reason I didn't have high hopes for this soup, but it turned out delicious! I will definitely make it again. And it is so filling there's not too much of a need for anything else. Although I bet it would be great with some fresh bread or breadsticks!
No comments:
Post a Comment