These are a kicked up Rice Krispy Treat and they are awesome. Just got done making a batch!
12 oz. butterscotch morsels
1 cup crunchy PB
8 cups crispy rice cereal
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
4 T butter
2 T water
Note: I did all of this in mixing bowls in the microwave, just be sure to use half power so as not to scald your delicious butterscotch and chocolate.
Melt the butterscotch morsels together with the PB in a sauce pan. Stir in rice cereal. Press 1/2 of this mixture in a greased 13x9 pan. Chill in the freezer about 20 minutes or fridge for about 45.
While this is chilling, combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter, and water in sauce pan on low heat and stir together until melted. Spread this mixture over chilled rice cereal mixture then press down the remaining rice cereal mixture on top of this. Chill the whole thing again until it's set and you can cut it without making a huge mess!
2 comments:
So is there a package in the mail for me? Just kidding, but these do sound SO yummy! And imagine - super walmart was completely out of rice krispies yesterday. COMPLETELY.
You nut! I had a bunch b/c Che didn't like them! What the heck is wrong with him? I totally would send you some if I hadn't...ahem, eaten them all.
Post a Comment