Saturday, July 26, 2008

Graham Streusel Cake

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup margarine, melted
1 package cake mix (any flavor)
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 pan. Mix together the cracker crumbs, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine; reserve. Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl according to box directions. Pour about 2 1/3 cups batter into pan; sprinkle with about 2 cups crumb mixture. Pour remaining batter into pan; spring with remaining crumb mixture. Bake until cake springs back with touched lightly in center, 40-45 minutes. Cool. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons water.

My notes: This tastes awesome with a Butter Pecan Cake Mix! If I use nuts I usually use 1 cup of chopped walnuts instead of 3/4 cup. For the glaze I start with 1 cup powdered sugar and add one tablespoon of water. I then add a little more water or powdered sugar to get the consistency that I want. This is a great coffee cake.

No comments: