Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spinich Penne Toss


2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tblsp. plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1 pkg. (6 oz.) fresh baby spinich
3/4 cup crumbled, cooked bacon (I used real bacon bits instead)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
tomatoes, chopped
2 Tblsp. cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt

Cook pasta according to package. Saute red pepper and onion in 1 Tblsp. oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Add the red pepper mixture, spinich, bacon, cheese, and tomatoes. In a jar with tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, pepper, salt, and remaining oil; shake well. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. 10 servings.

I made this last week at my parents, we all loved it. It was honestly the only thing I wanted to eat for days! It's very good for you too, I used some omega 3, multigrain pasta and made it even healthier. And I didn't get sick of it because I'm thinking about making it again soon. I wish I would've taken a picture, it even looks pretty! :)
Edit: I couldn't resist making it again! So I added a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting that angela, that sound yummy!

Connie said...

I need to go grocery shopping..this salad sounds wonderful!